Advertisement

Tribe Albums

topic posted Tue, December 1, 2009 - 7:59 AM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
When viewing a tribe's picture album, there used to be the choice of seeing 6 items at a time, 24 items at a time, or the entire album.

The "entire album" option has been removed.

Is there any reason for this? Can it be restored? Can we have personal settings so that, for instance, I always see all the pictures, whereas someone on dialup may choose to always view 6 at a time?
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Tribe Albums

Tue, December 1, 2009 - 8:06 AM
    it's been done so the servers do not get weighed down with too many data at once, and they did not tell us about it. This is what was said here or on the bug tribe.
  • Re: Tribe Albums

Tue, December 15, 2009 - 6:34 AM
    I like this idea! -and I would like it as a personal permanent setting (I keeep forgetting to reset to 24 when I go to the next page of interest)

It could easily be done (at least to counts of 100) without overloading the servers, tho the icon version might have to be 1/3 smaller -thus more difficult to discern interest. Lots of adult and dating and auction sites have that feature and they work just fine.
    • Unsu...

Re: Tribe Albums

Tue, December 15, 2009 - 8:04 PM
      i will repeat- for the 10,000th time - if they were to incorporate the ability to delete or dump whole groups of album pics, we could free up so much space. If it takes a whole, snail slow process to even take ONE down, then what happens, is people fill a shitload of bandwidth with stuff that even they would drop, if it could be done expediently. Only if i am bored and over caffeinated, and every single friend is offline, do i sit and delete photos. If i could drop fast, hell, i would take down half my album, cause they were 'time relevant' photos and such.

Recent topics in "Tribe.net Brainstorm (Archived)"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Impeach NSA Josh 14 September 19, 2010
Comment voting system Celestine 5 September 19, 2010
how to fix tribe Unsubscribed 24 September 19, 2010
Facebook v. Tribe.net Unsubscribed 9 September 19, 2010